Do you enjoy working outdoors or with animals?
Do you like science and technology?
Do you wonder what happens to food before it arrives in your kitchen?
If so, you should check out the programs in the Agriculture cluster
Programs in the Agriculture cluster teach you how agriculture is related to business, medicine, technology and engineering. The programs will give you the preparation and training needed for you to be successful many different careers.
- Students participate annually in the Chicago Flower and Garden Show which highlights the country's best landscape and ornamental horticultural designers.
- Students operate a farm and sell products at Farmers Markets throughout the city
- Students coordinate holiday events including Halloween hay rides, selling poinsettias at Christmas, etc.
- Students designed and built a golf course on campus of Chicago Ag
Careers to Consider
Post Associate's Degree or more:
- Conservation Scientist: $39,260 – $88,380
- Forester: $50,710 – $72,250
- Landscape Architect: $54,450 – $69,210
With a Professional Certification/Degree:
- Agricultural and Food Science Technician: $24,600 – $47,590
- Environmental Engineering Technician: $20,200 – $44,250
- Geological and Petroleum Technician: $60,280 – $74,607
With a High School Diploma:
- Agricultural Equipment Operator: $34,040 – $46,940
- Refuse and Recyclable Material Collector: $33,760 – $54,300