Do you like designing and creating artwork?
Do you wonder what happens behind the scenes to produce a show?
Do you enjoy working with computers?
If so, the programs in the Broadcast Technology and Digital Media are for you!
By enrolling in a Broadcast Technology and Digital Media program, you will gain the necessary skills to work with computers, software, and other equipment. You will gain hands-on experience in producing visual images. This cluster prepares you to succeed in the fast-paced and demanding communications industry.
- Students were selected to participate in 2008 Presidential Election Day news coverage
- Students have produced award winning digital multi-media content, such as two Grand Prize Winners in Artwork & Video Categories for the Walgreen’s Expression against HIV-AIDS Art & Literary Contest.
- Students compete every year in documentary and design competitions, including a student winner of an iPad and a $2,000 scholarship for college for his Chicago Tobacco Prevention Project Advertisement.
Careers to Consider
With a Post Associate's Degree or more:
- Broadcast Engineer: $60,182
- Multimedia Artist or Animator: $32,930 – $77,810
- Technical Writer: $40,160 – $75,740
With a Professional Certification/Degree:
- Printing Machine Operator: $20,812 – $40,373
- Broadcast Technician: $23,730 – $59,100
- Sound Engineering Technician: $24,960 – $54,820
With a High School Diploma:
- Photographic Processing Machine Operator: $18,890 – $28,390
- Copy Marker: $26,370 – $46,820
- Audio-Visual Collections Specialist: $37,430 – $83,860