Do you want to own your own business?
Do you like working with and managing money?
Do you want to learn how to run a business and make a profit?
If so, Business and Finance is a good fit for you!
Programs in the Business and Finance cluster prepare you to study business or finance in college, give you a jump on your career planning and teach you to run a successful business. Some of the topics you will study as a student in this cluster are financial planning, banking, insurance, international finance, entrepreneurship and accounting.
- In 2009, 2 CPS Business and Finance students competed in New York City against the top 30 young entrepreneurs in the nation as part of NFTE’s 4th Annual National Youth Entrepreneurship Challenge for the top prize of a $10,000 start-up grant. One student placed 2nd and won $5000!!
- Students compete in CEC and NFTE annual Business Plan competitions
- Students join Business Professionals of America (BPA) and compete for scholarship dollars
Careers to Consider
With a college degree:
- Accountant: $45,750 – $88,110
- Personal Financial Advisor: $34,330 - $104,390
- Operations Manager: $60,030 – $150,980
- Small Business Owner: $34,000 – ∞
With a Professional Certification/Degree:
- Loan Officer: $37,760 – $96,320
- Project Manager: $34,110 – $66,680
With a High School Diploma:
- Bill and Account Collector: $24,160 – $41,120
- Payroll and Timekeeping Clerk: $25,490 – $43,588
- Bank Teller: $21,270 – $29,320