Chicago Scholars is a powerful 5-year mentoring organization that works with high potential first generation, low income and underserved college bound students drawn from every high school and in every neighborhood in Chicago.
We help scholars make successful transitions from high school to college and from college to career through a combination of adult, peer, and career mentors, as well as college access workshops, internships, and financial aid assistance.
95% of scholars graduate from the college of their choice – attending colleges and universities around the nation. Most scholars also receive free tuition and other valuable support services on campus.
Over 250 CPS high school seniors currently participate in our program. To date, 94% of those students have already received letters of acceptance from match colleges and more than $3.5 million in scholarships has been offered with more funding expected.
- Students in grade 11th grade (Juniors) who live within the city limits of Chicago and attend a high school in Chicago
- High potential first generation, low income and underserved who qualify for selective and highly selective colleges
- The majority of successful candidates will have a minimum of 3.0 GPA and a 20 PLAN score or higher
- Students who are willing to be open-minded about their college search
- Students should have a strong will to succeed, clear academic prowess, and a desire to give back to their peers and community
Visit Chicago Scholar's website www.chicagoscholars.org