College fairs, catalogs, virtual tours, and websites are excellent resources for learning about college culture and requirements. A college visit will augment your knowledge base and provide an opportunity for you to immerse yourself in campus culture. Visiting will help you determine if the school or the type of school is the right fit.
Here are some campus visit options:
- Many high schools offer college campus tour field trips throughout the year. Students and parents should consult the Guidance Counseling Office to learn what your school offers.
- The district offers several campus visit options during spring break which are open to all high school students.
- Many colleges bring prospective students to campus and you should always inquire about those options when speaking to college Admissions Representatives or visiting Admission Office web sites. College's with "Fly-In" Programs (MS Excel)
- Numerous community organizations and faith communities offer college tours.
- A college visit is only a CTA trip away. Our campus visit tips [link to sheet] provide suggestions for colleges you can visit that are very close by. Visiting a college campus is a great way to spend a non attendance days or add an activity to your next family trip.