Organization Name: Society of Women Engineers
Scholarship Description: Scholarships are awarded to graduating female students accepted into an engineering or computer science program at an accredited college or university.
Scholarship Award Amount: $1,500
Number Awarded in the Past 3 Years to CPS Students: Between 1-10 scholarships
- The applicant's home must be in a zip code beginning with these three digits: IL 600-608, 610-611, and 613; IN 463-466.
- Cumulative g.p.a. of 3.0 on 4.0 scale
- Letter of recommendation required, more accepted
- The applicant must be accepted into an engineering or computer science program at an accredited college or university
- Completed application
- Official Transcript
- Letter of Recommendation from a non-relative
- One-page essay
- College letter of acceptance (indicating major in engineering or computer science preferably)
Scholarship Deadline: April 15, 2013
Award Type: Merit
Citizenship: U.S. Citizen/Permanent Resident